Join art educator Tasha Newton and Nasco Education’s Kris Bakke as they show the steps to this lesson plan that introduces students to a variety of birds, insects, and fish and uses glue in a whole new way. Listen as they discuss art materials, choice-based learning, and critical thinking.
- Understand and apply media techniques and processes
- Use knowledge of bird, insect, and fish structures to complete their artwork
- Understand how to create realistic artwork using texture, line, shape, value, color, and design patterns
- Develop a bird, insect, or fish in a total environment
- Utilize the elements of design to further enhance their artwork